Sunday, November 8, 2009

Two hands are not enough

My life is officially bigger then I can hold with two hands. I remember having a little baby being able to hold him in my two hands, cradle him and cuddle him. Then number two came along and I could hold her and still have an arm around him. Then number three came along my life changed much more this time, I could only go to the grocery store when they had those special carts with the two seats and still room for a baby seat. I could hold my baby and still have a child sitting next to me on each side. I could manage. Finally, one more came along and some of the others were big enough to not be held or touched but they would all climb on anyway. What I didn't count on was, that what you can do when your small children is a little harder when they are big. I didn't count on number one growing to be 6 foot 2 and the others following right behind him. I am not sure why I didn't think about this. Well, a few days ago little John went to a Basketball Tournament in Glenn Allen and John and I and the rest of the kids went to Fairbanks for a swim meet. We had to separate. I had to chose which kid to hold. I couldn't grab them all and keep them together. Apparently, this is not a one time thing, this next weekend we will be doing it again. I can not see the end in sight. Eventually, like my own grown up family we could all live in separate time zones all across the world.

No comments: