Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lake Pend Oreille







We spent two weeks on vacation with our families. While we were with John's family we went water skiing. The oldest three kids all got up along with John and I. This is a big accomplishment for me. I never thought I would get up and I got up four times. I would like to take a second and thank my Uncle Dennis, my Uncle Doyle and Steve Thelin, without their tireless efforts this event would never happened. After 34 years your hours have finally paid off. I can't say I am a great or even good water skier like my many brother in laws, but I did get up.

John Paul got up his very first attempt. We had to hold him back from the boat so that others could have a chance.

Max was amazing. He got up his second try. I was watching from shore while he was going a bystander made a comment, "that sure is a little guy, going on forever." He is only nine years old.

Millie got up too. The second day she got right up three times. I think she would now say been there done that.

Gretchen was very happy to just stay in the tube. She did think it was a blast though.

2 comments:

big8smiley said...

Congratulations on getting up! I still haven't achieved that. It's not like I ever have the opportunity, but when I tried I didn't get up. Looks like you all had a good time and that lake is gorgeous! :)

Snelders said...

Sure was fun to see you. Lets do it again.