Thursday, August 27, 2009

Forks

Millie has been awaiting this post since we walked off the plane from our trip. It felt like a pilgrimage.
We went all the way up the Olympic Peninsula. We stopped on the Washington coast and let John and Max go skimming. I had been here before, but my memory was a bit cloudy. We had to go and see Forks. I couldn't believe all the different license plates we saw. It felt like we were at Yellowstone or some other remote tourist attraction. We found out later,people from Valdez were there on the very same day we were. It is a small small world.


We went to Forks outfitters and got outfitted. We walked through the twenty or so Twilight shops(I am allowed to exaggerate right?) I have never seen anything like it. These shops sold only Twilight gear. I can understand stores in Forks selling Twilight t-shirts, but an entire store devoted to the subject. This has gotten bigger then I could ever imagine. We saw the high school and even Bella's truck sitting as you enter town.
As we kept driving we came to Port Angeles. We walked the whole Twilight trail. To top it all off we were there on one of the few sunny days. We could only imagine Edward sparkling in the sun.

No comments: